You probably bought Frozen Dumplings, imagining the dumplings you ate at the restaurant. However, you may be disappointed or stressed out because your dumplings are not the same as the picture on the package. If that’s your story, you came to the right place! Today, I will share how to cook frozen dumplings deliciously. Alright, are you guys ready? Let’s get started.
#1 STEAMED DUMPLINGS
The simplest way to cook frozen dumplings is to steam it. However, to do this, you might need a steamer. Luckily, I have this steamer bastket which looks like UFO but you may not. Thus, I will show you a different way to make steamed dumplings without a steamer basket.
- 5-6 frozen dumplings
- 1 cup water
1. Put some dumplings in a plastic bag.
2. Add some water (about 1 cup). Tie the plastic bag and shake it for at least 30 seconds.
3. Drain out the water completely and microwave it for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. (If you have bigger or more dumplings than mine, microwave it longer.)
4. While that’s going, make a dipping sauce. In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, vinegar, and Korean chili pepper flakes (if using).
Look at this! You wouldn’t believe that I cooked this only with a microwave. Serve with the dipping sauce. Enjoy~!
WHAT IF I DON’T WANT TO USE A MICROWAVE & PLASTIC BAG?
1. Place chopsticks in a wok and add some water underneath.
2. Carefully put some dumplings onto the chopsticks. It works just like a steamer basket, right?
3. Put a lid on and boil until the dumplings are cooked through.
#2 FRIED DUMPLINGS
Some people love fried dumplings more than steamed ones. However, many people have difficulty frying frozen dumplings because they are so frozen that it is really hard to cook. If they are not frozen, you can just put some oil in a pan and fry them for about 2 or 3 minutes.
Anyway, if you know just a little bit of tip, frying dumplings is not so difficult. The key is “CONTROLLING THE HEAT”! Add some oil in a pan, place some dumplings, and fry them over LOW HEAT. Take your time!
When I see people who are struggling with frozen dumplings, usually, they are so hungry at that time and don’t want to spend much time on this frozen food. That’s why they cook it over high heat and eventually, they will see the dumpling which is burnt on one side but still cold on the other side. Thus, take your time and cook at LOW HEAT
Now, let me show you a different way. This will save a lot of time and the dumplings will turn out more delicious!
- 5-6 frozen dumplings
- 3 tbsp (45ml) water
1. Add a splash of oil to a pan and put some dumplings as many as you want. Grab a dumpling and move it around just like you’re coating the bottom of the dumpling with oil.
2. Turn on the heat to medium. Once you hear the sizzling sound, check the bottom of the dumplings.
3. Once the bottom turns nice golden brown, add 3 tablespoons of water (about 50 ml), and immediately put a lid on. It makes oil splatter, so be careful! Cook until all the water in the pan has evaporated. Serve with the dipping sauce. Enjoy~!
WATCH FULL VIDEO
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Korean Instant Ramyun (9 Ways)
- Egg Fried Rice (5 Minutes ONLY!)
- Tteokbokki (Korean Spicy Rice Cakes)